In 2006, after a career spanning over twenty years in some of the Lake District’s finest country houses, renowned local chef Patrick Moore started More? Artisan. It was his dream to create real alternatives to mass produced industrial food products so prolific in the modern world. Initially selling his wares exclusively at farmers’ markets, food fairs and events, the overwhelming demand for More? products was the catalyst in founding More? The Artisan Bakery.
Totally taste driven we individually craft each of our products with the utmost care and attention. If you're a foodie, a bread connoisseur, or if you just love to wake up to locally-produced daily bread, we're baking for you!
You can find us in Staveley in the Lake District.
More? The Artisan Bakery
It is the policy of More? The Artisan Bakery to reduce its environmental impact wherever practical. We are great believers in promoting and the use of local produce, plus employ many of our staff from the local community. Therefore, helping to keep our local economy ticking over nicely and reducing Carbon Footprint with regards to staff travel. Carbon reducing measures form an integral part of our overall strategy, helping to improve both operational performance and a reduction in potentially harmful emissions to land, water and air.
- Minimise waste by promoting recycling and the use of recycled and bio-degradable products to help reduce the burden of landfill and therefore methane generation.
- Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees, suppliers and contractors, where practicable, to continuously improve environmental performance.
- Evaluate and where possible adopt means of reducing travelling for our drivers while out on delivery rounds.
- Consider the possible introduction of ideas such as video conferencing for our Company Director.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of working from home for office staff.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon offsetting such as tree planting and regeneration.
- Consider further investment into our premises, such as incorporating energy efficient lighting throughout.
Our Carbon Footprint currently stands at 6.05 tonnes per employee